<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Monster House

October 27 2006 at 2:28 AM

(Login sadowsmd)

OK - I'm not 12 nor a parent, so there was no reason whatsoever for me to see this movie. But... it looked pretty good, pretty positive reviews across the board, so what was the harm?

THIS IS A GREAT MOVIE! I dunno about a 'classic', but it's a definitely a great Halloween movie. I laughed out loud a couple times, and I never do that. You kinda have to give in to your childhood curiosity persona a little bit, but any age can enjoy this flick.

I never really cared for 'Toy Story' or 'Finding Nemo' or 'Shrek 'cause they were SO Disneycentric (and overrated) - that is, with those movies I saw the marketing tie-ins as well as the story (i.e Buzz Lightyear dolls, Shrek Pez candy, etc). Not so with 'Monster House'.

I think this got lost during the summer because it was released the same exact weekend as 'Lady in the Water'. Regardless, I highly recommend this movie, you won't be disappointed.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Premier Login oddtodd7)
Forum Owner

Re: Monster House

October 27 2006, 10:40 AM 

I heard this was totally good. Gonna check it on out totally...

I heard it didn't do that great because it was too inbetween for kids and for scary...

Respond to this message   
Gah2Bme
(no login)

Monster House--worth a looksee

October 27 2006, 2:48 PM 

This is a weird flick in that it's animated so therefore [says Joe Republic] it should be for little kids. And the kids are saying funnee stuff. Just like kids...so it should be funny. Right? The thing is, the premise is downright disturbing if you really think about it for a second and although not gross-out or frightening for adults, it really is too scary for small children. It was also clearly a nice Halloween flick and released in the summer [Marketing peeps--HellO?]

The animation is great--the effects and the sense of gravity is wonderful. Voice casting: fabulous! Writing/Storyline: good! Audience: uh..well..um er uh. I dunno.

If you like animation, worth a looksee, or just something fun for the holiday.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Monster House
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index