<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dan in Real Life/Waitress

May 27 2008 at 10:57 AM

Odd Todd  (Premier Login oddtodd7)
Forum Owner

I saw this the other night. Holy fruck what a friggin annoyingly terrible movie...

Couldn't stand it sugar corny unrealistic terribleness.

Saw 'Waitress' too. I dug that movie even tho it was for girls...

Weirdsad about the director...
http://scribelife.blogspot.com/2007/05/story-behind-waitress-adrienne-shellys.html
What you seen 'out of theaters' recently?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mr, Ambulance Driver
(no login)

Re: Dan in Real Life/Waitress

May 27 2008, 2:05 PM 

I saw "Walk hard" on DVD recently, even though I saw it in theatres too, it was so frign funny. The marketing for it was horrible, but it's funny, really and truly!

Respond to this message   
Dante Bean
(no login)

May 27 2008, 2:28 PM 

Going through Best Buy I saw a new stack of what I consider the best live action disney flick of all time.

The freaking ROCKETEER

I dunno if its never been on DVD, or I just haven't seen it. But Christ. Bill Campbell, Timothy Dalton, Alan Arkin, Jennifer Connolley, Mobsters, Nazis, Guns, Explosions, this flick had it ALL and then some.

I got it home fearing that it just wouldn't live up to my little 7-8(?) year old expectations but it was better than I remembered. That never happens, I enjoyed it more. Maybe because I understand about Nazis, know who the hell Howard Hughes is (who is played by Locke from LOST!), etc.

Go peep this flick again people!

Respond to this message   

Smirkdirk
(Login Smirkdirk)
Devils

May 27 2008, 3:09 PM 

I have to 2nd Walk Hard. Have watched that movie 3 times since it came out of DVD and have been kicking myself in the ass for not catching it in the cinema due to its crappy marketing that made it look sorta lame.

Respond to this message   
TTG
(no login)

May 27 2008, 4:02 PM 

Dante I'll second the rocketeer, however i think I'm a little biased since I'm a sucker for that style of pop culture. Everything done up in Brass or copper with the elegant curving lines I think is pretty awesome. I think I'll have to pick up the DVD if I see it hanging around and give it another chance so I can actually get into the story.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2008, 4:15 PM 

I will third Walk Hard. I saw it in theaters, and I own it on DVD. It is so far into kick ass that it kicks its own ass.

Respond to this message   

Nasty_Gash
(Login Nasty_Gash)

Walk Hard

May 28 2008, 2:39 AM 

Walk Hard was indeed good. I thought I was going to be disappointed, but I wasn't!!!

Respond to this message   

Smirkdirk
(Login Smirkdirk)
Devils

Re: Walk Hard

May 28 2008, 7:23 AM 

Lest Walk Hard gets too much credit, after the acid trip the 10 to 15 minute sojourn into trampoline jumping and writing the weirdo song with the goats the movie came to a screeching halt. Even after 3 watches I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't cut that out, or at least shorten it.

Fortunately once the 70's really get rolling with the Dewey Cox show and the ill-fated marriage to Cheryl Cox-Tiegs, all of that is quickly forgotten.

Respond to this message   
FG
(no login)

re: Dan in Real Life/Waitress

May 29 2008, 7:06 AM 

So who did you see Waitress with Todd? Sounds like you had a date dvd night I can't imagine you renting those two on your own.

Respond to this message   
Spaz
(no login)

Re: re: Dan in Real Life/Waitress

May 29 2008, 4:48 PM 

HahaaaaAAAA!

The date plot thickens.

Saucy!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

May 29 2008, 4:57 PM 

Adding to the "date plot":

Who is urging you to get a cat, tOdd? Possibly a girlfriend?

Respond to this message   
Marc Daniel
(no login)

June 3 2008, 10:05 AM 

I recently (and FINALLY) saw, 'There Will Be Blood'. And I pretty much agree with Todd's old review of it (especially the Willy Wonka screaming preacher - and for some reason, the preacher kid reminded me of one of the secondary characters from 'American Pie', yeah, you know the one I mean). Anyway - I loved 'TWBB', so deliciously evil (in that pulled back, seething Hannibal Lecter kind of way). Here is only problem I had (and it's miniscule at best) with the Daniel Plainview character. You see, if three hours of him (basically being on screen the entire duration of the film ) Plainview begins at remarkably evil, and descends into almost ridiculously evil. He doesn't have any real 'conflict, per se, and no real transformation. That being said, I found myself attempting to speak in that strange dialect of Plainview's after I watched the film. Odd.

Respond to this message   

Marney
(Login Marneyman)

Go back and re-watch Chinatown.

June 4 2008, 1:23 AM 

You will know immediately where Lewis drew the inspiration for the lumbering gait and the odd speech pattern. Really everything about Plainview.

I loved There Will Be Blood beyond all justification. I speaks right to me. It's as if the movie were made for me. I want to make love to this movie.

Maybe I took that too far?

I am

Respond to this message   
Mr, Ambulance Driver
(no login)

Re: Go back and re-watch Chinatown.

June 4 2008, 12:09 PM 

"Lest Walk Hard gets too much credit, after the acid trip the 10 to 15 minute sojourn into trampoline jumping and writing the weirdo song with the goats the movie came to a screeching halt. Even after 3 watches I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't cut that out, or at least shorten it.

Fortunately once the 70's really get rolling with the Dewey Cox show and the ill-fated marriage to Cheryl Cox-Tiegs, all of that is quickly forgotten."

It is cut out, you are talking about the unbearably long version. Cheryl Cox-Tiegs isn't even in the long version

The long version has alot of funny jokes cut out, but it also has alot of unfunnny jokes cut out.

Respond to this message   

Smirkdirk
(Login Smirkdirk)
Devils

Re: Go back and re-watch Chinatown.

June 4 2008, 4:50 PM 

Thanks Mr AD, didn't know that.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index