<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Cinema Voicemail - The Independent Touch

May 30 2010 at 7:43 PM
Smirk  (no login)

So, I was out to a late lunch with the teenager today and she had mentioned that she never made it to Hottub Time Machine. I had sorta wanted to see that too and said "betcha its at the cheapie theater!"

Anyway, since I just have a regular phone, not a smart phone all Googled up and cool, I called free 411 and got the phone number and, for the first time in years, called to get show times.

Anyway, the dude on this message is totally laid back and cool. Not only does he give you the show times, but he tells you what he thinks of the movie.

"Alice in Wonderland is a decent kids movie. Johnny Depp's in it, but its still pretty good." !!! "Shutter Island has Leo Whats-His-Name in it - the guy from Titanic - even though he's been in a lot of stuff since then. Anyway, its one of those thrillers where everything is revealed at the end and you're like, 'hmmmm. Really..'"

Anyway, if you have free long-distance you may want to listen to him, he's pretty funny for a cinema owner. I actually had to call twice to get the Hot Tub movie times, since the first time I called I was too intrigued by the entire message to note what time the movie actually started.

803-366-1414

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Smirk
(no login)

Re: Cinema Voicemail - The Independent Touch

June 4 2010, 7:40 PM 

He's updated the voicemail with this weeks additions.

Comment of the week:

"Hot Tub Time Machine: For some reason I had a lot of older married couples watch this this week....and...I gave a lot of refunds. I guess they all thought it was a cute 80's movie, which it is - but the R-rating kinda gives it away. There's a lot of sex and profanity and nudity. A lot of stuff that some people shouldn't see and other people don't wanna see."

Respond to this message   

Smirk
(Login Smirkdirk)
Devils

June 11 2010, 1:55 PM 

"Kick A-S-S - this movie is rated R, but a lot of younger folks want to see it. I'm gonna ask you for ID, and don't be saying that you forgot it because I'm not hearing that. If you're out driving a car without ID I'm gonna tell your momma."

Respond to this message   

(Login thatturkishguy)
Angels

June 11 2010, 2:00 PM 

haha this guy is awesome dude you have to get me the number to call if I'm not local...

Respond to this message   
Smirk
(no login)

June 11 2010, 11:04 PM 

Does it not work if you call it? I know there's no 800 # or anything...

Respond to this message   

(Login thatturkishguy)
Angels

June 13 2010, 12:54 AM 

O sorry I suck thought it was just the 411 number forgot you already provided all the info I needed before I asked for it. freaky.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Cinema Voicemail - The Independent Touch
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index