<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Source Code

April 3 2011 at 10:03 PM
Dante Bean  (no login)

Pretty nice flick. Doesn't overstay it's welcome. Moves at a nice pace and the end is really pretty beautiful. Definitely liked it, but wouldn't say run to the theater to see it.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
TTG
(no login)

Re: Source Code

April 3 2011, 10:39 PM 

Gylenhal? Gillenhal? I don't know how to spell it, is now a tough sell for me. Is this movie going to change the way I think? It seems like an action oriented version of groundhog day.

Respond to this message   
Dante Bean
(no login)

April 3 2011, 10:55 PM 

It is. Replace the humor of Groundhog Day with a very sci-fi intensive plot and here you are.

I have no real opinion on Jake. Haven't seen a lot with him honestly. I love Jarhead, but hated Zodiac and Prince of Persia. Though anyone else in those flicks wouldn't have made me enjoy them more.

Respond to this message   
TTG
(no login)

April 3 2011, 11:12 PM 

I didn't dig Jarhead that much, it was a modernized full metal jacket at least that's what I took from it. A lot of build up for a small pay off, and a lot of frustrated angry soldiers. I'll probably catch it on netflix instant watch (99% of the movies I watch these days...) I know I see the least amount of movies in theaters on these boards, but I just love me some netflix... plus i think the last movie I saw in the theaters was Avatar and thats enough to make me never want to go back to theaters period.

Respond to this message   
Smirk
(no login)

April 4 2011, 10:03 AM 

I really liked Jarhead. It was less Jake than just some of the visual choices. I will say that the oil well scene with the horse completely made me realize the extent to which Saddam was just a total fucking asshole. Its one thing reading about something like that in Newsweek, but to see it brought to life pretty amazing.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Source Code
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index