<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

No Electric Catfish

June 30 2002 at 6:42 PM
Rory Nomad  (no login)

When I was in prep school, some guy on my floor (the first floor) had a Chinese Fighting Fish. Some guy on the 4th floor had an Electric Catfish, which was an oddity I'd never seen or heard of. Anyhow, one night they decided to put both of them inside a very small fishbowl to see which one would survive in a deathmatch. The Fighting Fish got killed. It was mean and I still feel bad about not doing a "Free Willy" for both unwilling participants before it all went down. I think the kids who set the thing up now work for FOX.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

potato
(Login potato222)

Re: No Electric Catfish

April 22 2010, 2:42 PM 

Was there a fifth floor in that place?
I'm just curious. Because if a fourth floor fish beat a first floor fish, then maybe it was because of what floor the fish lived on that determined which fish was better. And if there was a fifth floor and if there was a fish who lived on that floor, then I would think that that fish would be the best.

Respond to this message   
Electric Catfish
(no login)

April 22 2010, 11:01 PM 

Respond to this message   
Squid Boy
(no login)

April 23 2010, 2:32 AM 

I'm ashamed to admit I once fought two Betas.

It was inconclusive, but one ulitmately died from it. It was also anti-climactic. They mostly seemed to just want to get away from each other, rather than fight to the death. That the instinct was 'warn and flee' not "Kill that other guy no matter what." So the small bowl was such an artificial taking advantage of and defeating their reasonable instinct as generated by evolution.

Not proud.

Respond to this message   
Anny
(no login)

April 23 2010, 10:56 AM 

Betas are cool fish. We have had many over the years.

Favorite names of my betas:

Alpha Beta
Phi Beta Kappa (PBK for short)
Larry

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index