<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hahn 45 BB Gun

June 2 2008 at 11:13 AM
Bigsoo  (Login bigsoo)
from IP address 68.207.253.156

I have a BB Gun that is a Hahn 45 that uses a Co2 cartige & reads on the gun: Made by P.Y. Hahn Mfg Co.Inc. Fairport, NY Pat pending. It has a belted holster that reads: Hahn "45" FAST DRAW genuine top grain cowhide and also has a snap pocket to hold the cartridges.
Anyone have any idea what this is worth?
TIA, Bigsoo

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
J D
(no login)

Hahn 45

June 2 2008, 3:52 PM 

The value depends on several things, first of all a Hahn 45 with the factory holster rig should be quite a collector item. Value depends on how many times the gun has been "fast drawed" and dropped, if it still holds co2 gas,general cond. of gun & holster rig. After all these dudes are 40 to 50 years old! New teflon gas seals can replace leaky old style ones. How much enamel paint is gone, cond. of grips, etc.etc. Check the airgun auctions for similar airguns sales.Good luck pardner!!

Cowboy 1894
(no login)

Hahn 45 BB Gun

June 27 2008, 3:50 PM 

The Hahn "45", SA B.B Revolver was made by Crosman Arms, starting back in 1958.
As manager of a Tandy Leather Company Store in Columbus, Ohio, I had the honor and good pleasure of receiving several of these fine Six Shooters (The magazine holds twice that many, for a total of 18). I loved them then, and I love them now!!! (All the Tandy stores, at that time, received an initial order of them from the Tandy warehouse in Fort Worth.

Yes, the valve assembly does need to be exchanged for an upgraded one in order to get rid of those pesky "O" rings that the CO2 literally "eats up" in very short order. But other than that, very little goes wrong with them as long as some wiseacre doesn't tear into it to see how it works. That's usually when the trouble starts - they don't know how to put them back together properly so that all the centering posts and springs are where they are supposed to be.

The other "usual problem" is using a pair of pliers to crank that round compression nut down to stop the CO2 from leaking. That will result in one or two problems. First, it messes up the knurling on the nut - than the worse problem is they just don't know where to stop with their silliness, amd they brake off the supporting tangs of the compression bolt and nut. If this happens, you can forget about having it fixed - it's done for! Only good for what parts a feller can manage out of it.

If there are no brakes or missing parts, your Hahn should be worth from $50 to $120, depending upon condition and abuse! The holster and belt rig, will range in value from extremely little (if it is torn or dried out) up to even as much as $50, or higher - ALL ACCORDING TO CONDITION! The holster rig was cut from too thin leather (about 6-8 oz.) while it should have been cut from 10 to 11 oz. (one oz. equals 1/64th of an inch - thus 8oz would be 1/8" thick. It needs to be heavier than that for this heavy six shooter!. The Hahn frame, itself, is a casting of a zinc alloy, which is heavy, and good - but it won't take a lot of dropping, and no bending. It's hard and brittle - and once broken, it cannot be soldered, brazed, nor welded - thus it stays broken!!!

The finish is simply "PAINT" - subject to scratches and flaking!

Hope this all helps. I personally, have been repairing, restoring, and re-styling the Hahn "45", as well as the Daisy 1894 B.B Rifle, for as long as they have been made - being 50 years, and 47 years, respectively.

For further and additional information, you are welcome to contact me direct. I thoroughly enjoy these old favorites. They are worthy of our time and respect.

Cowboy1894

Norm Alstad
(no login)

Hahn .45

February 26 2013, 4:12 PM 

I also have an old Hahn .45 The gun is pretty ruddy but it needs the springs ( trigger and hammer) is there any way I can get a hold of a set?

Capt Will Clifford USMC(Ret)
(Login willielumplump4)

Hahn 45 BB Gun

February 27 2013, 3:44 PM 

Dennis baker19711@yahoo.com, telephone 937-935-4887 my air gunsmith might be of some help; also, Phillip and a few others sell parts on this site and you could ask them.

Herb
(no login)

Hahn 45

August 1 2013, 5:19 PM 

Do you still own this item.? If so is it for sale.?

J D Bedwell
(no login)

HAHN 45

August 6 2013, 6:26 PM 

What do you have to trade for a great shootin',great gas holding HAHN? The paint job (finish) is very poor, grips fine.
J D Bedwell cowfruit@hotmail.com

George
(Login GHL99)

Hahn 45 Single Action CO2 BB gun revolver

October 16 2013, 1:31 PM 

I am interested in the same information. The BB gun we have does not look used. It is in the box with 2 pak-o bulls eyes still in their package. The holster was not an option in this box but the official 25ft NRA qualification target is. No scratches, dings or such.... any idea's on the value? Thanks all.

J D
(no login)

Answer to GEORGE'S comment...

October 17 2013, 7:53 AM 

George, if you read Hugh Bodey's response, he gives a good idea what your gun is worth.
Hugh made me a custom leather holster for mine several years ago. It fits and looks so GOOD, think I will just hang on to my ol' Hahn!!!

alan ogden
(no login)

Hahn 45

December 2 2013, 9:09 PM 

where do you get the upgrade kit/

J D
(no login)

the old HAHN .45

February 26 2014, 7:14 PM 

Gosh this little gun is getting pretty old now since it was the late 50s since they were made.
The Hahn still looks good in a holster, people think you have a Colt Single action as you knock around in the pasture.Was thinking how embarassing it would be if someone yelled 'RATTLESNAKE! Come SHOOT him JD!!!.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement