My dd (Feb 2005)

February 20 2007 at 10:47 AM
Carolina  (Login Carolina777)
*HFP Mommies*

Response to Babies born 2005 nt

Name: Carolina

Baby's name: Lily

IF dx: AMA, high fsh

IF treatments (you may include DE or not, depending on how you feel about telling) & clinics:
Check pt., 9 IVF attempts with my eggs, 3 IUIs, 5 DE transfers, finally pg. on 5th DE transfer--FET in Kiev.

anything about life before baby, including furbabies, jobs, etc.:
We "inherited" dh's father's two cats when FIL died suddenly of heart attack 9 years ago. Love them so much and hate that they are getting older and dd won't know them for long.

what kept you going while ttc (such as a particular high fsh success story):
The great women on the over-40 board while cycling with my eggs, and then the amazing women on "looking to be a mom through DE" board.

ttc now or in the future?:
I wish, but no frozen embryos, and dh is done

woulda, coulda, shoulda -- ?:
Wish I had moved on to DE sooooo much sooner. Wasted too much time and money on my old eggs. I think we could have had two children if we had tried DE sooner.

anything about life after baby (SAHM, WAHM, WOHM, etc.):
WOHM part time, private psychotherapy practice

Woohoo! -- your greatest treat now as a mom:
Language development; it is just amazing to witness her growing ability to communicate--and to hear the hilarious things she comes out with.

Best advice for new moms:
Try to be present and don't wish any stages of development to "hurry up and be over"--you'll miss those stages when they are gone.

a recent milestone for DS/DD:
She turned two! And on Feb 14th, of all days, she said, "goodnight, I love you."

Lilypie Baby Ticker

This message has been edited by Carolina777 on Feb 20, 2007 12:38 PM

Respond to this message