I have to "let go" of my nanny tomorrow:(:(July 25 2011 at 1:02 AM
|PInk Dandelion (Login Pinkdandelion)|
We just can't afford her anymore. I am sick just thinking about it. While we have had a couple of disagreements in the 3 years she has been with us, she really has been great with the kids and so honest and dependable. We are going to have to put my 3 y/o in daycare on the days that I go to work. My 3 y/o loves her and asks for her on the days that she is not here. My 4 y/o is not quite as attached now because he is in preschool on the days that she is here.
I am not good at goodbyes, and have never been in the position to have to let anyone go. I know that this is going to be tough for her financially, even with 2 weeks notice, because jobs are so tough to obtain these days. I will assure her of a glowing reference, but that won't help when the rent is due. I am asking my friends if anyone needs childcare help, but so far no takers.
Can you read my guilt? But it's either her financial ruin or mine, so I have to do what is best for my family. Finances are a big part of what is weighing so heavily on me lately, the "uneasy" feeling that I mentioned a few days ago. I can't believe I find myself in this position.
Has anyone else had to let their dearly loved nanny go for financial reasons, and how to best approach it? I will probably cry as I tell her, because I feel like crying just thinking about it.
I would love to be able to give her a longer notice, but I don't think we can swing it financially.
- sorry to hear about this.... - Mo on Jul 25, 2011, 3:16 AM
- Your little one - wcl on Jul 25, 2011, 9:04 AM
- so hard for you - keiki's makuahine on Jul 25, 2011, 11:05 AM
- Pink.... - ZakiaZ on Jul 25, 2011, 2:40 PM
- We had to let our beloved nanny go because we moved unexpectedly - Carolyn on Jul 25, 2011, 6:49 PM
- So sad - GailCT on Jul 25, 2011, 7:15 PM
- Awww...that's hard, Pink - PhoebeMass on Jul 25, 2011, 8:20 PM