Return to Index  

Need help ASAP RE: school friend situation

August 18 2011 at 7:43 AM
Fleur  (Login 1234Fleur)
*HFP Mommies*

I think academic wise we have some good teachers but won't know for sure how things go. More later on that.

Last year we had an issue that I feel I want to address regarding DD's friends. DD has a BFF, (R) who is BFF with another girl (N) - but my DD and the other girl (N) don't get along ---Alas, a threesome which is never good - especially with girls.

So, last year the guidance counselor and I talked about putting DD with other girls that we thought would be good matches for her so she could start foster some news friends. There are are few girls that we talked about. I thought that at least one would be in a class with DD... mainly the specials (art, music, etc)

DD got her schedule yesterday and DD told me that none of the girls were in any of her classes.

Today is the 2nd day of school and I really was going to try to lay low this year and try to only contact the school unless I really had to....so, here I am debating on what to do. HELP!

The Dilemma: If I don't call today they won't know I am concerned if I don't bring it up - and they might be able to make a schedule change. So, that makes me think I should call and address the issue NOW and see if there is anything they can do.

However, If I call today - then I look like a pain in the a$$ already on the 2nd day of school.

More info: DD's BFF is only in 2 classes this year vs. last year when they were together for every class. I am fine with this, since too much togetherness isn't good and it will "force" them both to make new friends. So, I think my DD feels a little lonely since she is not close with other "friends" that she knows more than the other kids in the class as a whole.

What should I do?

A quick reply would be helpful since school starts at in 20 minutes.... Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement