playground politics helpAugust 24 2011 at 12:46 PM
|mo (Login moelle)|
I posted some stuff about this under my thanks to JM, PD and Victoria earlier today
So I was going to keep out of playground fights and let my DS (4) stand on his own 2 feets. So today, my DS comes crying during playtime after nursery where mums stand about talking and kids run about to tell me "J" hit him. I said to go and tell "J" off himself or tell his mum. So he just went and told him that he had told me and i was going to tell his mum (not true but I just let it go).
Anyway, after the mums had left I see a noticeable mark about my DS eye - with a small nip/break to his skin and find to my horror that "J" chucked a stone at my DS. So really not happy that it was a stone and so close to his eyes. So I phoned Mum, just an ans machine so I have now left a message saying that I am phoning just because it was a stone that was used, close to his eye and would she have a word with her son about their danger and that I hope I have not offended her by calling her and that I know my DS is rough too but with stones, my worry is stones can cause a real nasty injury.
Not heard anything back and really hoping she is not annoyed at me (she has always been open about how much a handful her son is and he is much worse than mine).
Would you have done the same?
- I don't think that all fights can be "sorted" out by the kids.... - ZakiaZ on Aug 24, 2011, 1:24 PM
- Yes, definitely! - keiki's makuahine on Aug 24, 2011, 3:31 PM
- I think I would have skipped it or phrased it slightly differently, but no biggy - tara21 on Aug 24, 2011, 7:53 PM
- yes - juliemam on Aug 24, 2011, 11:24 PM
- well update.... - Mo on Aug 25, 2011, 10:56 AM
- Oh wow... - Pink Dandelion on Aug 26, 2011, 1:40 AM