Parenting booksSeptember 20 2011 at 9:40 AM
|Victoria (Login FishDr)|
OK so I know that there are millions
Looking specifically for something that I can put in front of DH
He is a no-nonsence dad. He is pretty bad at listening to DS and validating his opinions, i.e. he has no concept of parent-child equality (to him DS is a kid and he is the adult in charge).
He often gets angry with DS, last night reading, I could hear that DS had had enough of the book (DH trying [badly] to read some Spanish) and DS started singing. DH got mad, in the end I went upstairs and told DS bedtime and then later told DH that even I could hear from downstairs that DS had lost interest. No big deal, no reason to get mad just change the book, read the cues FGS ! OK so I could have handled that better. DH was OK though, no fight or anything. I also told DH that we need to get our Spanish pronounciation spot on too.
I'm seeing a lot of DH's behaviours in DS now. Gets angry, frustrated when things don't go his way.
I would really like to get something that I put to him as "oh this is a good read, you should check it out too"
|This message has been edited by FishDr on Sep 20, 2011 9:44 AM|
- no time to reply, just two titles - juliemam on Sep 20, 2011, 9:59 AM
- Thx - Victoria on Sep 20, 2011, 10:06 AM
- Magic 1-2-3 - kim on Sep 20, 2011, 11:16 AM
- some other and/or quirky options - Alex on Sep 20, 2011, 12:59 PM
- Oh ha !! - Victoria on Sep 20, 2011, 1:17 PM
- Hm. Well, - keiki's makuahine on Sep 20, 2011, 1:16 PM
- reply ... - Victoria on Sep 20, 2011, 1:32 PM
- Playful Parenting by Lawrence Cohen (m) - cy on Sep 20, 2011, 1:50 PM
- Cy - Victoria on Sep 20, 2011, 1:58 PM
- Is he willing to read about parenting? - Pink dandelion on Sep 20, 2011, 2:12 PM
- well ... - Victoria on Sep 20, 2011, 2:33 PM
- How to talk so kids will listen - tara21 on Sep 20, 2011, 2:52 PM
- Hey there :) - Victoria on Sep 20, 2011, 3:19 PM
- I was thinking of that one, too, even before V. posted - keiki's makuahine on Sep 20, 2011, 5:08 PM
- This is the best discipline/parenting book on the planet - Malka on Sep 21, 2011, 12:03 PM
- Thx (+m) - Victoria on Sep 21, 2011, 12:38 PM
- me too - Malka on Sep 21, 2011, 1:37 PM
- nothing to recommend.... - Mo on Sep 20, 2011, 3:04 PM