Life-changing couple of days (near death ment.)September 22 2011 at 7:55 AM
|Pink Dandelion (Login Pinkdandelion)|
I just want to say how grateful I am to those in my life, including my cyberfriends here.
A friend had a totally unexpected near-death experience during surgery yesterday. I was in the waiting room when it happened. I am extremely glad to report that she is making a miraculous recovery. The gift of this extremely upsetting experience is that I have been reminded of how incredibly short life can be, and how I really need to seize every moment.
While I was waiting after all of this happened, all I could think of is what I had not done. I had not even taken a picture with her at my sons bday party this past weekend. There were so many things that raced through my head, and I didnt know if I would get the chance to make those things right with her. Now I will be able to. And I am so, so, grateful.
I am still very shell-shocked, but also glad for the excellent outcome and the reminder to enjoy every minute.
Thank you, all of you, for always reading my posts and responding with such generous hearts. I really appreciate it.
- oh my - juliemam on Sep 22, 2011, 12:42 PM
- Thanks JM - PInk Dandelion on Sep 25, 2011, 8:21 AM
- Oh my - Victoria on Sep 22, 2011, 4:48 PM
- Hi V - PInk Dandelion on Sep 25, 2011, 8:22 AM
- my goodness... - MM-IL on Sep 22, 2011, 7:01 PM
- Wow, thank you for giving me a jolt (m) - cy on Sep 22, 2011, 11:04 PM
- I can relate - wcl on Sep 23, 2011, 2:52 AM
- WCL - PInk Dandelion on Sep 25, 2011, 8:27 AM
- Yikes - GailCT on Sep 23, 2011, 5:13 AM