Slow cooker recipes....October 11 2011 at 4:12 PM
|ZakiaZ (Login ZakiaZ)|
Does anyone have a favorite recipe that they don't mind sharing? I just got a slow cooker on the weekend and I'm very excited to start making stuff. There's a ton of stuff online but how do you sift throught all that right?
I'm mostly looking forward to cutting down on cooking time. As my boys are getting bigger, I am insanely busier and they are eating more and more, except for thanksgiving dinner last night.
Ds #1 (38 mths) kept insisting that he wanted breakfast and not dinner and he suddenly didn't like anything on his plate. Ds #2 (19 mths) tasted his potatos and immediately put down his spoon in the middle of his plate and wanted to get down from his high chair.
This is really the cart pulling the horse. I have no clue what to do about this dinner strike but I'm trying. Maybe a few new slow cooker recipes will add some excitement to our dinner table. They sure have no objection to snacks and do not respond to threats about no dessert, no toys, no play, no tv,etc. if no dinner is eaten.
- I love cooking a whole chicken in it... - Mo on Oct 11, 2011, 4:25 PM
- Hi Mo - ZakiaZ on Oct 16, 2011, 10:30 PM
- Have been using mine lately - CecileD on Oct 11, 2011, 8:18 PM
- french onion soup is delicious in the slow cooker! - ndn on Oct 11, 2011, 8:25 PM
- Ndn - ZakiaZ on Oct 16, 2011, 10:33 PM
- Few I like - GailCT on Oct 11, 2011, 9:42 PM
- 2 absurdly easy options - Alex on Oct 11, 2011, 10:05 PM
- I just love recipe threads! Pot roast - Pink Dandelion on Oct 11, 2011, 11:32 PM
- Hey PD - ZakiaZ on Oct 16, 2011, 11:01 PM
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew - CecileD on Oct 12, 2011, 12:07 AM
- Fix-It And Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes - megca on Oct 12, 2011, 9:23 AM
- HI Meg - ZakiaZ on Oct 16, 2011, 11:03 PM
- 2 favs ... - Victoria on Oct 12, 2011, 9:43 AM