Return to Index  

DH makes me see red!............

October 16 2011 at 4:32 PM
Mo  (Login moelle)
*HFP Mommies*

he is away working so I told him how annoyed I am with my 4 year old - he took off a loose handle of chest of drawer and scored some really deep marks onto it - permanently damaging it. Then when I confronted him, he tried to blame his 2 year old brother and when I said I did not believe he would do it, he then tried to blame his 13 month old brother. Once he realised I was on to him, he says he was trying to write his name on it.

When I told him that I was very angry about this, and as punishmment I was removing his favourite knights for a day - he said that was ok as he no know longer likes them (how to make your mummy even madder!!!!!!!). So the work of art he was working on got thrown into the bin and the rest of his art stuff tidied away (was that bad of me? - that made him really upset)

Anyway, when I was telling my DH - he was like "Oh well, he is only 4"

I just feel like, what should I be more laid back and let DS do stuff like this and not be too mad!!!!!!!!

would you be annoyed? Of course, DH gives it "well it only happens when I am away" which is rubbish because DS tried to change the colour of his room once when dh was home and he also pour water all over his bed (this was well over a year ago - and neither incidents have happened again because, he knew I was not happy!) I think I tend to do all the telling off because I am the only ones to see it - ie DH always reading a paper or doing computer stuff.

Actually having quite a hard time off DS (4yrs old) for being a tad aggressive - hitting adults in fun (but not behaviour that anyone likes) and then acts hurt if they tell him off (I always do)

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement