Return to Index  

Oh boy!!

October 17 2011 at 12:17 AM
PInk Dandelion  (Login Pinkdandelion)
*HFP Mommies*

Response to DH makes me see red!............

First off, my DS just last week took a rock from outside and I narrowly averted him from scratching the stainless steel oven door! Then he walked right into another room (while I was still in the kitchen) and lightly scratched the top of his lego table with the same rock! He got sent to his room for that, and I hope it wont happen again. There is no way that I could just let this go. Children have to be taught to respect things around the house. This must be common at this age!! I have found 4 to be a challenging age!! Sweet, but challenging!!

As for your DH saying it never happens when hes aroundcould it possibly be true? I know that you are thinking its a put down to your parenting, but you are around more, so of course more things happen on your watch by virtue of you being present, and less happens when hes around because its probably a treat for them to have him around!!

It is so hard to be the only one doing most of the parenting. My DH and I work opposite shifts, so I understand what this is like.

Hang in there, this stage wont last forever. It is so difficult when youre in the heat of it with 3 little boys.

I dont know if you are looking for suggestions or just getting this off your chest, but I have been reading How to talk so your kids will listen and listen so your kids will talk and I have found it useful with my 4 y/o.

Pink

Respond to this message   
Responses