Return to Index  

Not good news on Mom

December 10 2011 at 8:52 PM
GailCT  (Login GailCT)
*HFP Mommies*

I seriously feel like i have been crying for 3 weeks straight, it is so exhausting. This whole thing with my mom has been so crazy. The severe pain started it all and not able to drink or eat. She lands up with aspiration pneumonia and septic and then started to have kidney failure from a reaction to one of the antibiotics, so off to ICU. She starts to do better and I had a great evening with her last night, first time in weeks that she was alert and talking a little, she talked to my kids over speaker phone, it was so cute. They just love her so much. So they did a chest x ray to check her pneumonia and find free air in her abdomen by accident so she had a cat scan to check for perforation and they did a chest one too and now they think her pneumonia is actually a mass and is being biopsied. OMG, I just can't believe the road she is on. I am so scared for her because there is no way she can handle chemo or surgery but she may choose to want to do it, it is going to be a no win situation. And to top it off I am still very upset with my in laws and am going to really resent them for taking away Thanksgiving from me and my family which may possibly be my mom's last, how will I ever forgive them?

Respond to this message   
Responses