Return to Index  

Thoughts

December 19 2011 at 9:26 PM
Fleur  (Login 1234Fleur)
*HFP Mommies*

Response to Oh thanks

I looked over your list and it looks like there are some very similar traits here for ADHD - there seems to be overlap with these dx and it does get confusing and daunting. I know you know - that not all children fit into one cookie cutter dx, and that just makes it harder to dx. There are dx that have co-morbiity to them. Processing disorders and ADHD can go hand in hand. We have friends and their child has both but is getting help with with a combo of meds, therapy and and IEP support.

How old is DS?
Do you notice the hyper spurts at the same time of day or under similar circumstance?
Do you notice it if he is doing something and then gets frustrated and wants to stop out of frustration and/or because he can't seem to sit in his chair to complete the task = not able to concentrate or stay focused? Gets stressed?

Not sure what type of Dr. or professional provided testing to give you this dx but, you might consider a neuropsychologist.
I believe they can do testing for more than one area of concern once you tell them what you are noticing and the school as well.

Have you spoken with the pediatrician? They can also be of some help (not sure you already tried this?)

I'm happy to chat more offline and help you more - please let me know. happy.gif

Hugs!

Respond to this message