Here’s the note I ended up sendingDecember 22 2011 at 4:03 AM
|Pink Dandelion (Login Pinkdandelion)|
I took the general consensus advice and left all reasons out of the note. I agree that they wont be appreciated as valid anyway, and even Miss Manners says that no reasons are needed for declining an invitation (Thank you, Fleur, I googled Miss Manners after you mentioned her and you were correct on her advicegive no reasons!)
I regret that the kids and I wont make it to your Christmas eve dinner and festivities this year. DH will still be joining you with bells on!! I would like to send a dish to pass with him. Are there any items on your menu that you would like him to bring?
I do hope that we can get together this upcoming week while DH and I are both off work. We have alot of catching up to do since our last conversation on Good Friday!!
I thank you for your understanding and hope that you and your DH have a wonderful Christmas eve and day!
I cringe at the calls that may come in tomorrow. Luckily Ill be at work all day so the voicemail will pick them up for me. I may just turn the voicemail off, now that I think about it. Who wants to listen to all of that when arriving home from work!! Thank you again for all of your efforts and support on my behalf.
- Perfect! - keiki's makuahine on Dec 22, 2011, 4:31 AM
- Hi PD! - Fleur on Dec 22, 2011, 7:57 AM
- good for you, PD - MM-IL on Dec 22, 2011, 8:49 AM
- oh Pink :( - juliemam on Dec 22, 2011, 9:08 AM
- looks great - Alex on Dec 22, 2011, 9:50 AM
- Pink, this is perfect...friendly, polite, brief... - Kat. on Dec 22, 2011, 10:14 AM
- Perfect - Ariadne on Dec 22, 2011, 10:30 AM
- PERFECT!!! (nt) - ZakiaZ on Dec 23, 2011, 10:16 PM