Return to Index  

Success with bottle only while pumping....

January 31 2012 at 8:25 AM
Kat.  (Login piove)
*HFP Mommies*

Response to AWWW - YOUR POST MADE ME SMILE :)

...so that would have been the first couple of months. And I remember storing BM in the freezer, so actually, she would have had bottles in the middle of the night for a few months after that. But honestly, past the age of four months or so, she didn't take a bottle. Ever. We tried, but she wouldn't have it, so we organized everything around her feeding times!! I remember thinking, when we were out and about, how lucky we were not to have to fuss with bottle preparation -- that bf'ing really lent itself to spontaneous feedings in any situation! There were times I excused myself to go out to the car to nurse (if we were shopping and there was nowhere to sit down, for example) -- so -- you are definitely not alone in this.

There were times it would have made our lives simpler if she would have taken a bottle, but overall, it turned out OK. And I'm glad we BF'd for as long as we did. I hope you're able to reach your goal of a year!! happy.gif

And yes, you might have seen DD's photo on the wall at Cooper. It only took me two (three?) years to send one to them -- in fact, I think they met HER (because we cycled one more time for a sib) before I actually sent a photo (we live at least eight hours way; we racked up LOTS of miles driving back and forth)!! But then again, I'm not known for my timeliness anymore (see response to your baby announcement question above).

I remember everyone at Cooper so fondly...Harriet, the office manager; Dr Cho, who did my transfer; the gals in the lab who handled our embies (notably Chiara); the ladies at the front desk who were charmed by DH (and I know they're not an easy crew to charm, but DH is pretty unique, LOL) and, of course, Dr. Check himself. Can't say enough good things about him!

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement