Return to Index  

have to agree (miscar. mentioned)

March 18 2012 at 4:26 PM
victoria  (Login FishDr)
*HFP Mommies*

Response to Hugs!!

I had conflicting thoughts about the report. Really, how would any of us feel if someone said that if their child was like mine, they would have chosen to terminate. No one's perfect ..... and what a boring world if we were all such perfect beings .... Sometimes friends say things in an attempt to help without having experience of the reality. I had just lost a pg at the time that a friend had a very preemie baby. At the hospital she said well you can look after mine whenever you want. Really .. not the most sensitive,compassionate comment, she meant no harm but duh !

I wonder if your friend wasn't sure what to say and in a ham handed attempt at positive support it came out so wrong.

I know that you will suffer ignorant comments, I wonder if there is a comeback that isnot negative or aggressive but shoots the point home at how offensive the comment was.

Regarding the court case, seemed off to me, but I like to hope they did it to improve hospital protocols and diagnositic standards.

Hugs .... we all know how gorgeous and smart your wee gal is .... shout and swear here whenever you like ...... I like to feel that the women on this board, while having their own strong opinions, don't judge ..
V xx

This message has been edited by FishDr on Mar 18, 2012 4:31 PM

Respond to this message