Return to Index  

Looks like DD and I are going to (questions mentioned RE: vaccines)

April 18 2012 at 3:00 AM
Fleur  (Login 1234Fleur)
*HFP Mommies*

sleep away camp! It all happened very quickly - and it was very strange in that I just decided to apply for it just to see what would happen, as these 'jobs' don't come around vey often...anyway, I filled out the preliminary online paperwork then had to write a couple of small essays, and give some references... and it's official!

They want everyone to have all the vaccinations current. My parents did not keep good records so I have been trying to piece together my past history and then I found a stack of papers that had some of my labs for immunities. It looks like I will need a couple of vaccines, so I'm not looking forward to that... sad.gif One is a hep A, and that is a little odd since its more for dealing with fecal matter ??? so I'm not about that one?

We were concerned about doing the vaccines for DD (I know it's a sensitive topic) so we did them, but at a slower pace ... so there are a couple that DD is behind on, (and we actually forgot about completing them) ---------now I guess we will have to, but even if we give her the vaccine now, a couple of them need 2 doses, and they need to be 6 months apart to have a complete series. I'm not sure what to do?

The list is quite long for packing so I have been busy trying to get situated and then everything needs to be labeled!!

I am excited and nervous at the same time. DD is excited - it will be a great experience, I hope.

Would love to hear any packing tips and how you would handle the vaccine issue above?

Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Responses