Return to Index  

Looks like DD and I are going to (questions mentioned RE: vaccines)

April 18 2012 at 3:00 AM
Fleur  (Login 1234Fleur)
*HFP Mommies*

sleep away camp! It all happened very quickly - and it was very strange in that I just decided to apply for it just to see what would happen, as these 'jobs' don't come around vey often...anyway, I filled out the preliminary online paperwork then had to write a couple of small essays, and give some references... and it's official!

They want everyone to have all the vaccinations current. My parents did not keep good records so I have been trying to piece together my past history and then I found a stack of papers that had some of my labs for immunities. It looks like I will need a couple of vaccines, so I'm not looking forward to that... sad.gif One is a hep A, and that is a little odd since its more for dealing with fecal matter ??? so I'm not about that one?

We were concerned about doing the vaccines for DD (I know it's a sensitive topic) so we did them, but at a slower pace ... so there are a couple that DD is behind on, (and we actually forgot about completing them) ---------now I guess we will have to, but even if we give her the vaccine now, a couple of them need 2 doses, and they need to be 6 months apart to have a complete series. I'm not sure what to do?

The list is quite long for packing so I have been busy trying to get situated and then everything needs to be labeled!!

I am excited and nervous at the same time. DD is excited - it will be a great experience, I hope.

Would love to hear any packing tips and how you would handle the vaccine issue above?

Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on ParenthoodCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement