About aggressive behaviour from an almost 5 year oldApril 22 2012 at 6:12 PM
|Mo (Login moelle)|
Just wanted to seek advice about my almost 5 year old - he is not actually a particularly aggressive boy but when he does get really mad, I really dislike his habit of grabbing by the throat (nearly always his very annoying younger brother).
Obviously I don't want him to get mad at all, but I would prefer if he slapped his brother to this grabbing by the throat. Where he picked up this habit, I have absolutely no idea - not even off the tv (certainly not any of his regular programmes)
I have tried to stamp this out and warn him of the danger of this but clearly, when he gets mad - all rational thoughts go out the window. Not that I want him to hurt anyone, I just really don't like to see this type of lashing out (and I know that a 4 year old will hopefully learn at some point to curb his impulsive behaviour).
As I say, its not that he is easy to anger - just when he does get angry (like we all do but as adults we can control our anger) I just wish I could stop him doing this grab the throat. Any advice would be appreciated.
- hitting. :( - juliemam on Apr 22, 2012, 10:11 PM
- I have an idea - keiki's makuahine on Apr 22, 2012, 10:28 PM
- Having similar challenges here - Pink Dandelion on Apr 22, 2012, 10:37 PM
- Currently reading John Rosemond - GailCT on Apr 23, 2012, 10:47 AM
- We have similar - omissy on Apr 24, 2012, 6:32 PM
- Duct Tape fixes everything - EllenA on Apr 25, 2012, 9:43 AM
- timely post on one of my favorite blogs - SusanOR on Apr 25, 2012, 4:13 PM