Return to Index  

holy moly

May 1 2012 at 1:34 PM
Lillian  (Login wilbur75)
*HFP Mommies*

Response to Very upset. Opinions needed (ranting/venting). Very, very long.

Wow, I've never heard of such a thing -- not advertising a fundraiser as such. I'd be annoyed too, not just at the poor organization (not having real food for kids and scheduling something during their naptime? -- was this on the weekend or during the week?) but at not being forewarned about the auction. And if my child made something I really loved and someone else outbid me on it, I'd be livid!

And what might the kids think if someone else besides their parents bid on something? I recall in high school my art teacher's wife wanted to buy a watercolor I made. And I had a really tough time parting with it. I can only imagine it might be tougher for a little one who was really proud of his work. And what if there were divorced parents each trying to bid -- ouch!

You'll have strength in numbers if you find out if other parents felt the same way you did, and perhaps sending a polite but firm note signed by all who were upset at the arrangements would be effective in letting the management know they scr#wed up big time.

We're dealing with big fundraiser right now at DS's daycare/preschool, but it's all above board: they have an annual fair on a Saturday and they advertise for months ahead of time. I'm sure it'll be fun but I'm starting to get a bit tired of being asked to donate/provide/spend: each class had to put together a basket of things to donate, so I gave $ for a gift certificate; then they want cakes for a cake walk and food for a bake sale. They want you to buy tickets for games and rides and tickets for the raffles. And if that's not enough next week is teacher appreciation week so we have to give more for that. Well, we don't have to, but you hear about it every day so the pressure is on.

I think you shouldn't feel bad about not giving any more money than you can afford (if at all).

Hope you're feeling somewhat better today.

Big hugs,

xoxox
Lillian

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement