Birthday party hooplaMay 1 2012 at 3:37 PM
|Mel-PA (Login Mel-PA)|
Hello! I am a longtime user of this forum and while I don't post often I do respect the opinions and advice of the members.
My DS will be 5 in June and I am considering throwing him a "friends" party--this would be the first and would be separate from the family party we have. The friends would be his pre-school classmates (12). To cut down on the expense I'd like to have it at home, possibly outside if the weather permits. If the weather does not permit, we would be inside. My house, while comfortable, is not huge and would be crowded if all 13 kids attended with a parent. Do any of you have experience throwing b-day parties at home and have some "do's" and "don'ts" you could share? Suggestions for games or activites?
Also, DH does not believe in "friends" parties, and in some ways I feel the same. DS will have a family party, cupcakes at school, a friends party, and (because his birthday falls on a Thursday) some sort of token acknowledgement of his actual birthday. While I love DS dearly, I feel somewhat overwhelmed with all this birthday hoopla. Does anyone out there keep birthday celebrations simple?
- what we did ... - Alex on May 1, 2012, 4:39 PM
- at 4-5, kids can be dropped off. - juliemam on May 1, 2012, 5:17 PM
- we do SIMPLE - SusanOR on May 1, 2012, 5:53 PM
- Added - SusanOR on May 2, 2012, 12:54 PM
- yeah, it is that crazy - omissy on May 1, 2012, 6:40 PM
- We may be in the minority here, but we keep it simple... - Ann on May 2, 2012, 12:09 PM