Return to Index  

Lost Coat ... Talk me down ladies with older kids

May 8 2012 at 4:24 PM
omissy  (Login loggings)
*HFP Mommies*

DSs school coat for spring was in the wash and I put on his "good" coat yesterday. A little voice say "don't do it" and the other part of me said "he can be responsible". Before he left we had a bunch of punch points about caring for the coat--- keep an eye on it, it's important, leave it in your bookbag, etc., etc. DH reinforced the goal on the way to school.

This is the coat:
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12422406&cp=1760781.1760813&ab=ln_men_cs1_sweaters&pg=4&parentPage=family

I have matching ones for his brothers. This coat was purchased on sale last year to be worn for two years. We do this every year figuring 3 boys will wear it.

Well, yesterday he came out without it, but since he said it was in his cubby and the classroom is alway locked I didn't fret.

Today, DS came out of school with no coat and said "oh, it's gone Mom, we don't have it anymore" arrrgggghhhhhhhh!!!! So, I had to park the car (in the city), unbuckle other two sons and march into the school, deal with the teacher and crazy 3yo tantrum son, go to lost and found (and hello, why put lost and found out in the open like a freebie pile????), blah, blah, blah----- of course no coat.

I am soooooooooooooo upset with DS because he never pays attention to his belongings and imho, has no respect for things. AND I am so mad at myself because I tested him the coat. He is only 7 and I'm getting so upset over something really small in the grand scheme, but arrrrrgghhhhh again!!!

I'm sure there will be many more lost things. How do you deal?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Respond to this message   
Responses