Return to Index  

feel your pain

May 9 2012 at 3:25 PM
jkl  (Login JKL41903)
*HFP Mommies*

Response to Lost Coat ... Talk me down ladies with older kids

my dd loses everything, it drives me crazy. She comes home without boots, lunchbox, books you name it. We are working on it and think its getting better (she is now 9). Mostly everything does come back home. (mittens though are another story, I can't tell you how many single mittens we have).

Here is the story that put me over the edge: it's december and dd brings her snow pants to school and they don't come home (of course!). I tell her to be sure to check school, aftercare etc and bring them home the next day.

However, she then comes home and says she can't find them anywhere. I check aftercare lost and find, they aren't there. I say, double check school. She says she does and they are missing. Now I am freaking because it's almost winterbreak and she will need her snowpants. I go so far as to send an email to parents asking them to check their kid's snowpants just in case they came home accidentally. No dice.

So finally, I decide to just go to the darn school and check. It's like the last day before break and there is one teacher still there. Of course they are there, hanging in the coat room. I almost lose my mind! So basically she was telling me she was checking but she really wasn't. Probably similar to how she "looks" for things at home.

So my advice is to go to the school and check yourself, it might be in someone else's cubby.

But yeah, I don't really like the attitude I get like, mom they're gone, what's the big deal?

I can't really blame her too much because I am a huge space cadet myself and used to constantly lose things when I was little. But I used to get really upset so what really drives me crazy is the attitude. sorry for the rant.

jkl

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement