Gift suggestions for family wedding we can't attendMay 30 2012 at 2:16 PM
|kfx216 (Login kfx216)|
I'd love to have some great ideas for a wedding gift for my brother and his wife. They are getting married (and live) in HI and given the custody issues I have going on, my daughters and I won't be able to attend. My kids are 2 (on Friday!) and 7.
For my new SIL's shower, they are having a "bring a dish" party where everyone will gift a dish, loved or new. I thought about having my girls decorate a dish at a pottery place with something like "Three Wishes for Long and Happy Marriage" to symbolize my daughters and me. But, then I started thinking maybe a larger platter with that would make a good wedding gift and we could decorate a smaller plate to go with it.
They aren't acquisitive people - vs. I bought a Tiffany vase for his first marriage and it was exactly the right gift - and they seem to travel light since they move a fair amount and tend to give away things to keep things light. They are very into food and travel. They live on Maui and travel to Honolulu a fair amount to see her family. They also travel back to the east coast to visit my family at least once per year.
I don't have a lot of excess $$ thanks to the court issues, so I want something that will be a thoughtful remembrance they enjoy. I want to keep it around $200. Any suggestions will be MUCH appreciated. The wedding is in early July, so I'm trying to get this decided soon. Thanks!
- My suggestion would be - Adee on May 30, 2012, 2:30 PM
- Going a different route - SusanOR on May 30, 2012, 2:59 PM
- How about decorating coffee mugs for them? (m) - cy on May 30, 2012, 4:28 PM
- How about a Vermont Wish Bowl.... - momagain on May 30, 2012, 5:11 PM
- no ideas, but... - MM-IL on May 30, 2012, 6:00 PM
- Are there family recipes - ekb88 on May 30, 2012, 9:39 PM
- Someone gave us one and I love it and use it - GailCT on Jun 1, 2012, 10:16 PM