Return to Index  

Gift suggestions for family wedding we can't attend

May 30 2012 at 2:16 PM
kfx216  (Login kfx216)
*HFP Mommies*

I'd love to have some great ideas for a wedding gift for my brother and his wife. They are getting married (and live) in HI and given the custody issues I have going on, my daughters and I won't be able to attend. My kids are 2 (on Friday!) and 7.

For my new SIL's shower, they are having a "bring a dish" party where everyone will gift a dish, loved or new. I thought about having my girls decorate a dish at a pottery place with something like "Three Wishes for Long and Happy Marriage" to symbolize my daughters and me. But, then I started thinking maybe a larger platter with that would make a good wedding gift and we could decorate a smaller plate to go with it.

They aren't acquisitive people - vs. I bought a Tiffany vase for his first marriage and it was exactly the right gift - and they seem to travel light since they move a fair amount and tend to give away things to keep things light. They are very into food and travel. They live on Maui and travel to Honolulu a fair amount to see her family. They also travel back to the east coast to visit my family at least once per year.

I don't have a lot of excess $$ thanks to the court issues, so I want something that will be a thoughtful remembrance they enjoy. I want to keep it around $200. Any suggestions will be MUCH appreciated. The wedding is in early July, so I'm trying to get this decided soon. Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Responses