Return to Index  

Really liked it...

June 5 2012 at 12:03 PM
MargieD  (Login MargieD)
*HFP Mommies*

Response to How did you like it?

I really liked it. Now that I have family there and some of my friends from grad school have moved back, I am considering moving back too...

Lots of schools - University of Rochester (has a medical school), SUNY - Brockport, Rochester Institute of Technology, Monroe Community College (MCCC - maybe it's Monroe County Community College?)... and there's probably some smaller schools...

Job prospects are good - I think - but I am not sure how picky you are about your job...

Cost of living is very reasonable - I think - but property taxes are awful (you should check it out). My brother bought a house. He was debating between two houses - both priced the same but property taxes were different. I think he chose the one with higher taxes but reasoned that he'd pay the same for a private school for his son. I was a bit surprised because I thought the school districts were good there.

I haven't been keeping up with the boards too well, but I think you had to get an IEP for your son. In that case - you will want to check out BOCES (google it). It deals with students in that category.

(You mentioned something about Buffalo... I personally am not a fan of Buffalo although it was a place we went to once in a while...)

And no - it wasn't me that went to Australia... although I wish! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses