Return to Index  

Quick question....

June 5 2012 at 11:39 PM
ZakiaZ  (Login ZakiaZ)
*HFP Mommies*

Response to Needing some suggestions on what to do about work

Has your dd been tested for diabetes? It's entirely possible if you want to give her the benefit of the doubt. If she is underweight or borderline and is constantly hungry, that is a sign of diabetes, pre-diabetes or borderline, so you may want to rule it out. It's possible to overlook it so I just thought I'd throw it out there. Dh's cousin is in healthcare and was stunned to find out that her 5 yr old dd had it and there was NO family history.

The theft issue is TOUGH. Not something you want your kid to be associated with but you know what? Better to find out NOW than later when it could be more constant or with bigger items.

I have no clue what to suggest but maybe she needs to redeem herself to her friends/teacher/school. Maybe an apology note to each child and a small "please forgive me token"? Maybe not the token but at least a personal note? Also, some kind of volunteer work talking to younger kids about why one should not steal? Put her in a position of "control" or "authority" where she can make something good come out of this but at the same time, feel a bit of discomfort and embarrassment over her actions. There MUST be a consequence which should act as a future deterrent. My heart goes out to you. That is such a difficult age.

For work - simply tell them it's a medical leave. Nothing more. You really don't need to explain further. You have to take care of you before you can take care of others. Kind of like the airplane theory. Give yourself oxygen first THEN your kids, etc. Take care of you first with no apologies to anyone else. It's the right thing to do.

Hugs.
Z.

This message has been edited by ZakiaZ on Jun 5, 2012 11:42 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Will ask - GailCT on Jun 9, 2012, 6:53 PM
  •