Return to Index  

Why do my boys have to copy movies?

June 9 2012 at 6:06 PM
Mo  (Login moelle)
*HFP Mommies*

They are driving me crazy - they watch a movie and then they try to act out the characters - that is all the fighting bits.

I mean - Bambi? Their favourite bit is the two stags fighting with their antlers (and here was me thinking that Bambi was a bit sad, but a nice film - not aggressive etc - WRONG!). So lots of headbutting following that movie

Lion King triggered scratching

Ice Age - more scratching and jumping on each other

How to Tame a Dragon - lots of jumping from furniture to furniture.

Spiderman - lots of jumping about

We only have a movie one night a week and I do enjoy the peace from watching movies - but I am not enjoying their behaviour afterwards.

I have told them to stop it or I won't let them have any more movies - we had a ban on lion king for ages. Tonight I thought I would let them watch a documentary on dinosaurs and had to turn it off halfway because they just started jumping on each other, biting. I switched off and took them by their hands and sent them to bed as we were suppose to be on wind down time but they were clearly being winded up the way.

and every night this week I have gone to bed thinking "tomorrow, I will try and not shout at them" + "tomorrow I will try and keep calm" Wishful thinking!

Respond to this message   
Responses