Return to Index  

I'm back! [eta]

June 25 2012 at 10:56 AM

keiki's makuahine  (Premier Login goldiescholar)
Forum Owner

and I. am. so. tired.

I was in Brooklyn last week for a very intense workshop about historic landmarks, re-use, restoration/preservation, etc. It was multi-disciplinary and wonderful. In fact, I've emailed to ask them to consider inviting me back as a speaker.

But I am so tired! We were working from about 8 am to 6 pm, and we walked for at least 4 hours/day, everyday. Heat wave from Wed. - Friday! I had to get up at 4:30 am Sat. to catch my shuttle to the airport (2 hour drive), and many times, I woke up at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep. I stayed at the St. George, an historic hotel used by EHS student housing services. Very spartan rooms. AC went out one day. Wifi went out one day.

I will create a new web gallery to share my pix with you. I prefer that my colleagues not trace me to this forum, so that's why I'm not sharing the galleries I made for work last week.

I love Brooklyn!!!

I'm so sorry that I didn't get to meet some playgroup ladies in the area. I knew some of you were very busy with your own life events and milestones, and the workshop really was too ambitious. I had to drag myself home early from Coney Island on Friday and got up again at 3:30 am to finish my presentation for Saturday's final session.

I went to the Lego store at Rock center to get an Empire State Bldg Lego puzzle as a souvenir for ds. The sweet boy didn't have any "gimme" at all when I arrived home! I was all "gimme" when my df used to go away for frequent summer contract work! I got to see Gore Vidale's The Best Man with Candace Bergen, Angela Lansbury, James Earl Jones, and Eric McCormack -- great show! Also saw War Horse. Wonderful puppetry and staging, but the plot was thin, and I just couldn't warm up to the lead actor's "golly gee" persona. I know it must have been hard to play a teen who runs away to fight in WWI, but the "golly gee" persona at war was just weird.

And he and dh were holding signs that said "Goddess [last name]" at the airport. DS was hopping up and down. I so wish I'd had my video recorder running. Lesson learned! DH says they got some strange looks. Pretty conservative around here -- ppl probably thought they were pagans.

Forgot to say, I also saw an exhibit at the Fashion Institute for Technology and a Costume Exhibit of Schiaparelli and Prada at the Met. Saw the largest North American collection of Klimt at the Neue, but our playgroup mother/child pic was not part of the collection.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

This message has been edited by goldiescholar on Jun 25, 2012 10:58 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses