Return to Index  

You are amazing

June 28 2012 at 8:14 PM
GailCT  (Login GailCT)
*HFP Mommies*

Response to Excellent thoughts Gail

you have made more progress in one day than I have all week! you can go to Feingold.org so far that is where I got the info that I have from, which isn't much. I also downloaded a book on my iPad, Driven to Distraction, but not a minute yet to listen or read it with my kids out of control. I have looked up the feingold books and cookbooks, they are so out dated though but there are recent reviews so maybe still worth it, wanted to see if I could find anything more recent, actually like the website you found. Once I started looking at the ingredients for preservatives, BHA, BHT, TBHQ, MSG, sodium benzoate, vanillin I was shocked and throwing food out. Even my Smart Balance butter/margarine that we have been eating for years because it lowers cholesterol has one of these preservatives. I threw out the jolly rancher popsicles and found some organic fruit ones with beets used for coloring. I can handle avoiding the colors and preservatives but have you read on the salicylates yet? We eat so many of the foods on the list, here is a list I found that is easy to read. http://www.everydaywithadhd.com.au/user-assets/Info_Sheets/Salicylate_Food_Chart.pdf Not sure I can pull this off. So I am going to start with the preservatives and food coloring and see how it goes. Keep me updated.

Respond to this message