Return to Index  

You are amazing

June 28 2012 at 8:14 PM
GailCT  (Login GailCT)
*HFP Mommies*

Response to Excellent thoughts Gail

you have made more progress in one day than I have all week! you can go to Feingold.org so far that is where I got the info that I have from, which isn't much. I also downloaded a book on my iPad, Driven to Distraction, but not a minute yet to listen or read it with my kids out of control. I have looked up the feingold books and cookbooks, they are so out dated though but there are recent reviews so maybe still worth it, wanted to see if I could find anything more recent, actually like the website you found. Once I started looking at the ingredients for preservatives, BHA, BHT, TBHQ, MSG, sodium benzoate, vanillin I was shocked and throwing food out. Even my Smart Balance butter/margarine that we have been eating for years because it lowers cholesterol has one of these preservatives. I threw out the jolly rancher popsicles and found some organic fruit ones with beets used for coloring. I can handle avoiding the colors and preservatives but have you read on the salicylates yet? We eat so many of the foods on the list, here is a list I found that is easy to read. http://www.everydaywithadhd.com.au/user-assets/Info_Sheets/Salicylate_Food_Chart.pdf Not sure I can pull this off. So I am going to start with the preservatives and food coloring and see how it goes. Keep me updated.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on ParenthoodCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement