Return to Index  

Disappointing meeting with therapist last night

July 10 2012 at 10:11 AM
GailCT  (Login GailCT)
*HFP Mommies*

Had to pay a sitter, what a freakin waste! So upset and disappointed with this woman and unsure where to go from here. She was recommended by the emergency psychiatric unit after E taking the meds. She has met with him alone 3 times and with all the kids twice. She basically told me E's situation is very complicated and he is too young to get help. She doesn't believe a 6 y/o could intentionally seek meds and her and my DH ganged up on me for thinking so, I was really upset! DH apologized to me later but still, they had a grand time. She started talking about ADD meds for E, which she hasn't done ANY testing, and I told her if this child has a potential addiction issue then stimulation meds are not in his future, she just looked at me and didn't know what to say. Her only advice was to be more consistent with consequences for E, well lady I have tried everything, so I directly asked her what should be his consequence then, she couldn't even given me an answer. Oh and this is truly the best from our talk. She recommended that we put our kids on HUSKY, which is our state aid medical insurance so that E can get in home help since private insurance won't cover it. I just looked at her and was speechless, first of all that insurance is for the poor and needy, we are middle class and two, ethically would it be fair for tax payers to pay for my kids psychiatric care? Oh don't get me started on this one, this woman is an idiot. So I need to find someone else, such a setback.

This message has been edited by GailCT on Jul 11, 2012 6:12 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses