Return to Index  

what do you guys think of this (therapist question)

July 13 2012 at 2:22 PM
juliemam  (Login juliemam)
*HFP Mommies*

ok. Hubby is in group therapy and he asked his therapist (I think she's a psychiatrist but I am not sure. She's covered under our provincial health care) if she'd agree to see me and include me in one of her groups.

she agreed so he proposed this idea to me. Right away I said, no way, sounds like a conflict of interest (??) and, seems to me, unethical that she's treat both, even of it's in separate groups.

Now (short of doing a google on this), I am second guessing my rapid and heated response. What do you all think?? Am I wrong to think it's a conflict?

oh, and btw, I now fully understand why they kept councelling him to "do what's best for you". if he was admitting openly to them hw much he loved (loves) this other woman. Of course they say go and do what feels the best.

I fully understand now (that he's admitted to me how deep this goes. heck, I thought he was battling typical midlife sh$t like, is my career what I want, is this where I want to be, still loving my wifey etc. The problem here is that, yes he loves me but NOT as a husband, just platonically and I fully understand that now.
I think there is NO WAY he will ever love me the way he used to, ever again. He's shifted his heart and in doing so, even if he realized he did want to spend the rest of his days with me, it would never reach the depths that it once had.

Ok, I am free now. and I am good. (roar)
happy.gif
jm
ps, thank you for all your love, below in the update thread. I am wanting to reply to every one of you darlings, it's that I hardly have time online anymore, my DS got Minecraft as a school end gifty (after a year of begging, btw) and he's been on -a-lot-; I am giving him this weekend and then I am going to limit his play on it. I have to let him get fully saturated first so that he can let go a bit. ugh, video games and how addictive they can be. At least it's not a shoot'em up game.

xo

happy.gif
me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement