Return to Index  

Update... long... lots to write...

August 11 2012 at 10:13 PM
  (Login cataholic)
*HFP Mommies*

So, DH is still in CA. My company had a two week forced shut down and I went out to CA so the kids could see him, go to Disneyland, the beach, etc. I got there and was very angry as things still look like there is a lotto do. He is so slow. I was convinced he is stalling b/c he might not want to come, has a girlfriend, or whatever. After watching him and being there I have concluded that he is just TERRIBLY slow and on top of that a perfectionist.

He asked me what I thought of the house and I told him honestly that I didn;t see him listing for at least another 4-6 months at his pace and high criteria. He assured me he was only going to complete one part of what there was to do and then he would list, finishing the rest while it is showing. So that was a relief. I told him he better not be longer than Christmas; he better be here in CO. He agreed....

So, meanwhile my mom is tired of watching the kids. and I am too tired of her watching them. she has too many rules, all of which are because of her age and inablilty to chase after them on the 8.5 acres, so no going outside, no going downstairs to play b/c of the stairs and her age... Crayons and markers are all put up so they cannot access them at will.

So in a bit of bittersweet relief, I found a montessori school near their elementary school that will take them all day, feed them breakfast and lunch and 2 snacks, take them to their school for class, bring them back to the montessori school and then I pick them up. I can drop them off as early as 6:30am and pick them up by 6 PM (hopefully not that long of a day for them). It's $1130 for all that a month, for both! And it looks like a resort. Huge, in the pine trees, in the country...

So in a week I am going solo, no more mom here. she was wonderful to help me out and we were able to get to know each other better and spend good time together. I am grateful for what she has done for me and them. But the montessori school is great; pool, art and dance classes, more school when tehy get back from school... and I will have my kids to myself until DH gets here. If he doesn't ever get here I have it all worked out.

To top it off I drove from CO to CA with the kids, they were perfect, good and happy the ENTIRE trip there, during our stay and back. I found out DD is a good teaser... I think she is very smart. A seagull (peacock as my son calls it) stole DS's sanwioch on the beach, which had me laughing so hard because he was so upset and called it a peacock... and they loved Disneyland and we stayed in two different fancy hotels in vegas; MGM grand was GREEN to my son's happiness, wonderful pool there which they both loved.

So that's it. Seeing a councelor too to help me with my issues with DH...

I read about you all frequently. Trying to get back on the board more.

Love you all!!

This message has been edited by cataholic on Aug 11, 2012 10:21 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement