Small Engine Repair Help

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

echo weedeater wont start

May 29 2004 at 10:42 PM
No score for this post
  (no login)

my echo weed eater wont start i put new gas/oil in it rebuilt the carb i have cleaned the carb with wd40 tested the on off switch and have a nice blue spark off the plug(did not change the plug) i have did the screw adjustment to 1 1/2 turns off and when i pull it have gas coming out the exhust what now?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
david
(no login)

echo weedeater

Score 2.0 (1 person)
June 3 2004, 10:43 PM 

did you replace the carb gastkets,if so make sure carb is properly tighten.if the carb is sucking air it will flood through the muffler

(no login)

no dice

No score for this post
June 13 2004, 4:20 PM 

this thing is still spitting gas from the muffler. it wanted to start for me once but after that out came gas the carb is tight the gasket is good i took the carb off again and cleaned it . the diaphram goes on before the gasket right?

(Login J138)

echo weedeater

No score for this post
June 19 2004, 11:57 PM 

does it have good compression?if it does check to see if the exhaust screen is cloged good luck

joe
(no login)

echo

No score for this post
July 3 2004, 11:10 PM 

what you really need is a priest

plamer
(no login)

echo weedeater wont start

No score for this post
July 3 2004, 11:21 PM 

i think your right this thing is s#@t ANYONE OUT THERE READING THIS ...DON'T BUY ECHO!!!!!!

(no login)

same problem here

No score for this post
July 24 2004, 3:17 PM 

i would swear we are trying to start the trimmer. i rebuilt the carb, cleaned the filter, have good spark, checked for compression, i can feel exhaust flow and smell fuel when pulling... it won't even cough when i give it starter fluid and that magic gas should be able to kick-start granny! what are we overlooking???

BIG ED
(no login)

Re: same problem here

No score for this post
July 29 2004, 2:32 PM 

REMEMBER ONE THING IF THE CYLINDER IS SCORED OR DAMAGED IT WILL KEEP THE ENGINE FROM STARTING THE BEST WAY TO INSPECT IT IS TO REMOVE THE MUFFLER GOOD LUCK

fishman
(no login)

I'M RUNNING AGAIN!!!

No score for this post
July 29 2004, 7:48 PM 

I was spitting gas out the exhaust also, which indicates flooding. In my case, my needle valve was stuck open by a stiff diaphram. I did not replace it the first time through because I checked it for leaks and figured it was OK to re-use...big mistake. A couple extra bucks and I'm off to the races. This thing runs like a scalded dog once again!

Also heard that if the shaft key gets stripped your timing will be off and she won't start even though all else looks fine. Hope this helps.

Current Topic - echo weedeater wont start
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on TechnicalCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Have a nice day :0)