Just bought a new Aquanaut 5065-1A from an authorized dealer. This is my first Patek. My expectation were pretty high given the price of the watch and Patek's reputation. I'll have to say I've been very disappointed by the manufacturing quality of the watch. There are defects I wouldn't expect from even a much cheaper watch.
1) There are dust specks on all hands Some visible with naked eye (if you get really close)
Hour hand with dust specks
Minute hand with dust specks
Seconds hand front with dust spec
Seconds hand back with dust spec
2) There is dust on the rotor
Rotor screw with dust specks (2 and 8 oclock)
3) The seconds hands sides (all around) are full of a silvery coat that has not been removed properly
4) The wheel that transfers power from the rotor (to the mainspring...) is very very sloppy. This a a relatively large wheel
That wheel is gold/copper colored on all images I found on the web. The one of mt watch is steel but very sloppy. Is this right?
5) Jewel countersinks (the ones visible from the back) have burr and gross imperfections
Jewel1 burr. Notice the gross imperfection of the pivot hole at 10 oclock and the burr all around
Jewel2 burr. Notice the burr all around and rough spots/countersink surface cavities
6) Cracked jewel!?!?!
Cracked jewel at 6 oclock?
Shouldn't all these be considered manufactoring defects? Are these covered by the watch's warranty(the watch is new and purchased from an authorized dealer)? Shouldn't I expect Patek to fix the problems? Please advice.
A very disappointed Mike