Return to Index  

Custom straps for Patek - made in USA...

November 19 2006 at 8:45 AM

WatchFan1  (Login WatchFan1)
PP Discussion Group

I had a VERY interesting and encouraging conversation with a gentleman who also had some challenge with proper fit of his 5135.

I am perfectly fine with the larger case of 5135 and my concern were only the lugs 'sticking out' as the strap bends over wrist since the holes were placed somehow in the middle of the lug.

see A. Schileo's picture to see the 'horns'...

He achieved a perfect fit and overcame this by having a custom strap made (in Europe).
He explained to me, that by having the ends of the strap thicker "along the whole width of the strap - on the end where it comes to the case" - not just in the middle, the 'horns' were practically eliminated while the strap still came nicely and close to the case to keep the gap between the strap and case at minimum (just like the stock strap).

I know that Camille Fournet and ABP-Paris are good custom strap manufacturers, but can anyone recommend a good custom strap maker here in the States ?

I am pretty excited about his finding as proper fit of this watch was somewhat of a concern and I was almost on the fence to pass on 5135R and get 5396R instead. This is GOOD news to me

TIA. Milos

_See Rolex Wallpapers & Technical Data about most current Rolex models: HERE_

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page