Is this a normal business practice done by Patek in Asia?November 22 2006 at 12:21 PM
|bmccaw (Login bmccaw)|
PP Discussion Group
Recently I have asked my dealer (in Hong Kong) to place an order for 5970 and 5004, he asked me that I have to provide him my business card in order to put in such request. He told me this is an absolute requirment by the Asia Patek Office in order to know what type of client I am. If I don't comply, I cannot order any grand complications.
I have been a loyal and repeated customer over a number of years, my personal information was registered during each of my previous purchase, I assume Patek in Geneva has a thorough record of who I am and what I have been collecting.
I wonder why their Asia region Patek office need to ask me for extra information about my business and need to get my business card in order to allow me to place an order?
Is the above requirement true? Or there is something wrong with the dealer? Or someone in the Asia Patek Office is doing something out of ordinary?
Appreciate you guys' guidance and suggestion of course of action.
PS: Anyone has the contact information of Asia Patek Office will be helpful.
- You can find local distributors... - SuitbertW on Nov 22, 2006, 12:58 PM
- I have heard about similar practice by some ADs in UK and USA - WatchFan1 on Nov 22, 2006, 1:50 PM
- IMO.... - happy_wis on Nov 22, 2006, 4:42 PM
- Thanks for all your info.... - bmccaw on Nov 22, 2006, 5:35 PM
- Patek's control in HK - bigmin on Nov 22, 2006, 9:33 PM