Return to Index  

My own two cents...

November 30 2006 at 9:55 PM
Rob  (Login RobbG)
PP Discussion Group

Response to Does money give you good taste?

Having money does not give the owner of said money good taste. It is what the owner of the said money does with it. For me, good taste is acquired and not brought/can't be had overnight. Good taste is knowing when to blend in and when to stand out. When to go ahead and when to hold back. Through subtle actions, the timing to show one's capacity/ability to appreciate good things is considered good taste.

What watch expresses good taste? A very personal question that is different for everybody. For different reasons, for different times, there is that one watch that will exude good taste once worn on the wrist. Wearing a flashy and sporty tourb with rubber strap would be good taste on a beach in the Bahamas while a somber white metal piece would also be good taste when attending a wedding or a funeral. What definitely would be bad taste would be wearing something that is inappopriate, a watch that would clash with the atmosphere one is going into, making both WIS and non-WIS cringe when the watch is noticed...

Responsibilty as men? I think it is a responsibility to give back to society in whatever way we can. Understand the mindset that in life, we win some, we lose some. And it is okay to experience those. Spreading some good by smiling more, saying thanks just a bit louder, giving more than expected for services done for us is but just a few of the ways we can spread goodness... something sorely lacking in this "very troubled" world we live in...

Just my own two cents

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page