<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

My First Patek!!!!

October 4 2004 at 6:33 PM
Vicki  (Login ppnut)
PP Discussion Group

A while back I posted a message seeking guidance. As a relative newcomer to the world of fine watches, I was a bit nervous about taking the plunge and buying a Patek and I was seeking advise about whether I should consider buying a pre-owned (but absolutely mint) Calatrava 5115 (YG). I got a few nice responses and I have been lurking ever since, soaking up both the knowledge that flies throughout these postings as well as the, what should I say, joy, that most everyone here expresses when talking about their Pateks. Well, I now know firsthand what that joy feels like -- I purchased that 5115 this weekend and I am just in heaven!!!!!!!!!!! Is it natural that you can't take your eyes off it, that you see something new every time you look at it, that you can't stop running your fingers over the crystal and the bezel? And oh that enamel dial!!!! (When I can bear to tear myself away from the watch, I'll take and post some pictures). I own some other pretty nice watches that I really love, but this is just in a different class, in a class all by itself. I just wanted to share my joy!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Spiros
(Login spirosk)
AP Discussion Group

Congratulations....

October 4 2004, 10:30 PM 

wear it in good health. The 5115 is a true classic and I am sure that you will trully enjoy it!!!
Best regards,
Spiros.

Respond to this message   
JackB
(Login BonMont)
AP Discussion Group

Congratulations! A beautiful timepiece. Hope you enjoy. (nt)

October 5 2004, 4:00 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page