<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Help me with this reference.... description only no pic...

November 29 2006 at 1:41 AM
JC  (Login JCY88)
PP Discussion Group

I saw someone wearing this the other day:

1) Patek on the dial
2) WG with Black Dial
3) Roman Numbers
4) Nothing unusal about the case, but the lugs look like from an officers case. (but cannot confirm if it was an officers case)
5) Day/Date. These are in 2 sub-dials at 9 and 3 o'clock, laid out a little like a chrono, with correctors in the case at 2 and 10.

I have never seen or head of this before..... it looked nice. The wearer not one to knowingly buy a fake! so maybe an old model I just never saw before.... I dont think think I have seem a PP with dial laid out as in point 5 above.....

Interested to see if there is any info out there!

thanks!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

SuitbertW
(Login wsw_de)

I can't help,....

November 29 2006, 7:34 AM 

...but it doesn't sound real.

Hi JC,
mmaybe it's only my lack of knowledge, but your description sounds very much like one of the numerous fakes?
If you do a google seach on "Patek" "5052" you might see something which comes close to what you have mind.
This is one of the better known fake "references".

But maybe I simply missed something.

Best
Suitbert

Respond to this message   
JC
(Login JCY88)
PP Discussion Group

Suitbert

November 29 2006, 12:51 PM 

you are a genious! thats it. if you click into one of the dials, its a the one with the black dial. I spotted one of the screws on the back and i recognised it and thought that it was a little strange.

anyway mystery solved!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page