<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Question regarding Orbita winders . . .

November 29 2006 at 9:19 PM
Art  (Login Drabble)
Brand Forum Moderators

. . . a friend just purchased an Orbita Sparta winder for his 5146 annual calendar . . . was this swinging-action model the Orbita to get, or should he have gotten one that winds continuously in one direction? Please advise . . . cordially, Art

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Evan Kress
(Login 663366)
PP Discussion Group

Orbita

November 30 2006, 8:20 AM 

I own a Sparta and only use it for my inexpensive watches. In addition, I do not use it for long term winding.

Respond to this message   
christakis
(Login christak)
PP Discussion Group

ORBITA

November 30 2006, 9:37 AM 

NOT A PROBLEM, ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING ORBITA WINDERS, LOG ONTO ORBITA.NET AND THEY LIST ALL THE CALIBRES FOR ALMOST EVERY WATCH HOUSE OUT THERE. YOU CAN THEN PROGRAMME YOUR WINDING BOX ACCORDINGLY. MY EXPERIENCE SUGGESTS THAT THEY WIND ALL PATEKS EXCEPT THE CAL 240 (OF WHICH I HAVE FEW), THESE ARE DIFFICULT TO WIND DUE TO THE MINI ROTOR, EVERYTHING ELSE IS FINE.

Respond to this message   
autowind
(Login autowind)
AP Discussion Group

Re: Question regarding Orbita winders . . .

November 30 2006, 10:36 AM 

I believe the model he is describing cannot be programmed. It rotates somewhat rapidly back and forth using gravity.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login christak)
PP Discussion Group

Re: Question regarding Orbita winders . . .

November 30 2006, 10:54 AM 

ahhhhh. having bought a number of these things, i would always recommend orbita for pp, but they must be the ones you programme. this ensures that they will work with all but the current crop of perp cal. i am not familiar with the sparta model at all. i was uneder the impression that orbita only make programmable in their current range.

Respond to this message   
geoffrey
(Login gg5127)
PP Discussion Group

the sparta

December 1 2006, 4:02 AM 

I believe that the Sparta's can be programmed to "cycle" every 10 or 15 min. They do use a weighted rotator that utilises (potential energy... for all you scientists here) gravity to rotate. I have one and I have been quite happy with it. My PP seems to keep time just fine, granted it is not a perpetual calendar.

Cheers,

Geoffrey

Respond to this message   
Art
(Login Drabble)
Brand Forum Moderators

Thank you all for your informed responses . . .

December 1 2006, 7:15 AM 

. . . as I was slightly alarmed when my friend told me how the Sparta operated. He purchased an Orbita based on the forum's recommendation elicited from my original question last month, but I wasn't aware until a few days ago that the Sparta model he chose employs a swinging motion to simulate wrist action rather than constantly rotating in one (or both) directions. Cordially, Art

Respond to this message   
autowind
(Login autowind)
AP Discussion Group

More info please

December 1 2006, 10:12 AM 

I own a promotional Sparta. While not the exact model, it is otherwise identical. There is no information about changing the programming, and I don't see any knobs, dials, switches, or other mechanism for selecting a different program.

COuld you please provide additional information? Thanks.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page