<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

5101 : Opinion/Advice...

November 30 2006 at 3:32 AM
Tim  (Login timabz)
PP Discussion Group

Hi,

I have an option with an AD on a 5101 (although still looking for a 5004...impossible to find, it would appear.)

I like the look and feel of the 5101, but before I pull the (rather large) trigger can anyone please give some advice or opinion on useability (i.e. how delicate is the Tourbillion in real life?), and value for money (if there is such a thing on a $200k watch!!)...would love to hear from anyone - owners or not!

thanks

Tim

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
CL
(Login johnclang)
PP Discussion Group

One wise and long time watch collector whom I respect alot......

November 30 2006, 4:12 AM 

once told me seriouslly that no one watch is worth above USD$100k.
I'm seriouslly trying to adhere to that advise
But back to you question regarding 5101, I feel that this is a watch that you should try putting on your wrist.
I was tempted to buy one after being offered twice at a very good rate,
it feels strange after putting it on my wrist. I don't really like it but it is simply just me.
If I have to choose betweem a 5004 or 5101, it will be 5004 200%.
But if you really want a tourbillion, how about a Lange PLM?
That's really really yummy
Lovesss*CL

Respond to this message   
G.Francis
(Login G.Francis)
PP Discussion Group

Its a huge amount of money..

November 30 2006, 6:25 AM 

but I was fortunate enough to try one on and wear it for a while. Apart from the fact it took forever to wind up I loved the watch. I felt it sat nicely on my wrist and in the time I wore it I really couldn't stop looking at it.
If I could afford one it would be the only "super" complication I would want as it is so very understated.I also love the cosmetics, the dial colour,strap and case really work for me.
FYI they have never made more than 30 in any year since production.
Hope this helps.
Rgds
GF

Respond to this message   
Matthew
(Login goslowboy)
AP Discussion Group

It's a great watch and a pleasure to wear.

November 30 2006, 8:12 AM 

If you have the means go for it

cheers
Matthew

Respond to this message   
Tim
(Login timabz)
PP Discussion Group

Thanks guys...

December 1 2006, 11:47 PM 

...will let you know how I get on. Agree - an important thing to see it and try it on. Tried it on my wrist...and it sits really well. In terms of VFM - seems a little pricey to me, but it is certainly a beautiful piece, with a lot of presence. Just mulling over the implications...will put me out of the 5004 market for a little while. Decisions, decisions...

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page