<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Deploment Buckle and Winders

November 30 2006 at 5:20 AM
geoffrey  (Login gg5127)
PP Discussion Group

I was thinking of getting a deployment buckle and was wondering if there is any isse with using a DB on an Orbita winder? My hunch is probably there is not but thought I would ask the question anyway.

Does anyone have any thoughts about DB's in general?

Thanks!

Cheers!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
G.Francis
(Login G.Francis)
PP Discussion Group

Not a big fan...

November 30 2006, 6:17 AM 

of DB's. I only really like them as part of a metal bracelet where there is a second security buckle on. Two of my PP's have DB's and I'm always aware they could come off with a good (inadvertant) tug. I have one PP with a tang buckle and I feel happier with that one.
The next person up though will probably have the exact opposite opinion!
Rgds
GF

Respond to this message   
autowind
(Login autowind)
AP Discussion Group

Deployant vs Tang

November 30 2006, 10:33 AM 

I have numerous watches with deployant buckles and agree that they do not seem as secure at a tang. A friend of mine had his watch stolen right off his wrist when someone pulled it in a crowd and the deployant released and it was gone.

Also have put deployants into an Orbita with no problems although sometimes the bracelet is quite tight on the foam cushion when the deployant is closed which is necessary with this type of buckle in a winder.

Respond to this message   
christakis
(Login christak)
PP Discussion Group

Re: Deploment Buckle and Winders

November 30 2006, 9:45 AM 

HAVE TO AGREE, ABOUT THE DISAGREEING BIT. DB'S ARE FAIRLY SOUND, ALL MY PPS HAVE THEM, BUT THEY CAN TAKE A BIT OF GETTING USED TO. I HAVE ONLY BROKEN TWO, WHICH COME TO THINK OF IT IS NOT A GREAT PERCENTAGE, BEARING IN MIND I HAVE 3 IN TOTAL. I THINK THE NEW ONES ARE BETTER MADE AND WILL NOT SNAP AS EASILY. ACCORDING TO THE MD OF PP UK LTD ANYWAY, BUT HE WOULD SAY THAT WOULDN'T HE? SO IN FACT I HAVE ENDED UP AGREEING WITH YOU. CONCLUSION BUY WITH A DB, AS PP'S ARE ALWAYS WORTH MORE WITH THEM, THEN BUY A PIN BUCKLE TO USE EVERYDAY AND STORE THEM IN A BOX SOMEWHERE, ESPECIALLY AS THEY ARE WORTH THE BEST PART OF £2k EACH. AS`FAR AS DB'S IN ORBITA BOXES ARE CONCERNED. I HAVE TWO IN ORBITA BOXES AND THEY WORK JUST FINE.

Respond to this message   
G.Francis
(Login G.Francis)
PP Discussion Group

Good advice..

November 30 2006, 10:38 AM 

I'm going to get a tang next week!

Respond to this message   

WatchFan1
(Login WatchFan1)
PP Discussion Group

good answers but

November 30 2006, 1:14 PM 

next time hit one of these:

...it is easier to read without all caps

_See Rolex Wallpapers & Technical Data about most current Rolex models: HERE_

Respond to this message   
geoffrey
(Login gg5127)
PP Discussion Group

Thanks!

December 1 2006, 3:56 AM 

Thank you for all of your insights! Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Geoffrey

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page