<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

HELP!!! - CONFUSED!!!5100R OR 5050R OR 3970E

November 30 2006 at 9:54 AM
christakis  (Login christak)
PP Discussion Group

HELP, I HAVE BEEN WANTING THESE THREE FOR AGES AND RATHER TYPICALLY NOW THAT I HAVE SOME MONEY FROM A RECENT SALE OF AN OLD CAR WHAT HAPPENS....ALL 3 AT THE NEXT ANTIQUORUM SALE NEXT WEEK.

WHATS THE OPINION OUT THERE?
DOES ANYONE HAVE A PREFERENCE TO ANY OF THESE? I NEVER LOOK TO CLOSELY AT INVESTMENTS, OTHERWISE YOU NEVER GET TO ENJOY THE WATCH AT ALL, BUT I HATE THROWING MONEY AWAY. I WOULD WEAR IT AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK, AS I HAVE A LRGE COLLECTION AND SOMETIMES GET A BIT CONFUSED AS WHAT TO WEAR. I LOVE THE LOOK OF ALL OF THEM, BUT HAVE NEVER WORN A 5100, SO THATS A BIT OF AN UNKNOWN.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
G.Francis
(Login G.Francis)
PP Discussion Group

Well they are all great but....,

November 30 2006, 10:36 AM 

if it was me the 5100 every time. It's a great looking case with an exceptional movement in it. I have had a lot of vintage PP's in my time and the problem with them is they are(by todays standards) tiny. I love ref 96's but I own a 5196 now.
Much as I love the vintage stuff the "size issue" is firmly in my mind now and I can't shake it off. The 5100 has the the original shape but in a slightly larger case. The 5050 is the least favourite of the three because of the shape and layout. However if it was the only watch I could own I would'nt be unhappy!
Best
GF

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login christak)
PP Discussion Group

thanks

November 30 2006, 10:49 AM 

ok, 5100 does have a certain appeal, especially as fewer pp collectors seem to have them. thanks for the input. just a note....is it easier to read in lower case?

Respond to this message   
autowind
(Login autowind)
AP Discussion Group

Please use lower case text

November 30 2006, 10:37 AM 

Respond to this message   
jaume
(Login jaume_p)
PP Discussion Group

definitely 3970E !!

November 30 2006, 4:40 PM 

Hi,

what a most fortunate situation! As for the 5050R I definitely agree with my foreposter as I don't lke the layout either.

As for the 5100, I did own a YG one a couple of years back and did not only find it particularly chunky but most unbalanced, if not ugly as well.

A view you don't see in any catalogue and not to be compared to the original's elegance.

So, the 3970 is by far the most beautiful watch of the three and I already made my choice(s):

and the original

Cheers
j

Respond to this message   
Zane
(Login jzh)
PP Discussion Group

3970ER

November 30 2006, 6:48 PM 

5100 never appeals to me and 5050 looks pretty off balance IMO.
Got to be this one.
Very classic.

Respond to this message   
moss
(Login Endofdays)
AP Discussion Group

how could you say that

November 30 2006, 9:09 PM 

5050wg is best looking

All are nice I could not say one is better then the other
If you can get them all

Respond to this message   
Zane
(Login jzh)
PP Discussion Group

That's me!

December 1 2006, 2:40 AM 

Well Moss, I bumped into Jaran the other day.
5125 Plat. is great, I personally love it but 5050 has never appealed to me. Got one a few years back but sold it off. 5100 is not my type of watch.
But these are what I like:

Respond to this message   
Matt
(Login Mattg6)
AP Discussion Group

what's the right-most model in the last picture??

December 1 2006, 6:09 PM 

I like it--with the sub-seconds and is that a moonphase? ref #?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page