<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

son 11 disrespectful rude tone

February 27 2008 at 11:30 AM
No score for this post
sheri  (Login shgrace)

It seems like I have been trying to fix my son's use of a disrespectful rude tone forever! He does not use this tone with my husband but as soon as he is frustrated or angry he speaks to me and now his brother and children he is frustrated with in a very rude way. The tone verges on yelling. He calls his 9 year old brother names. When he is told to stop, he insists that he is not speaking rudely. He obviously is full of emotion during these times and will often cry in anger if he his brother stands up for himself or I point out how imature he sounds or how his tone is unacceptable.

I have begun a system by which he must earn a homeschool parkday outing each Friday. If he has more than 3 outbursts, he cannot go to park day. I keep track of them by making marks on the calander. Do you have any better ideas? I once acted out a resent outburst he had, playing him, and it really upset him. But I wonder how role play could be used.

Central to his problem is that he has very intense emotional reactions and always has. He gets angry easily. I have ordered your book for him. He has a history of mild compulsive behaviors also.

I am intersted to know your opinion!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement