Respond to this messageReturn to Board
Original Message
  • Graduates(unsupervised?) & Foremans doing D&B................are you sure?
    • Emulsion 704
      Posted Jan 6, 2009 10:21 PM

Anonymous,

I am really offended by your comments with respect to D&B. Believe me, what is planning and scheduling in relation to D&B? Experience in D&B ( an uttermost component to overall - actual production i.e ore being hauled to the ROM) is an ultimate prerequisite if you are EVER to be a planning/schedule engineer.

I'll give you an idea. If you ever applied for a planning/scheduling role and say, your CV had a blank spot in relation to your experiences in D&B ................... only a fool will consider your CV.

Send an email to some of your underground friends in Porgera and find out where the D&B position places itself. Everyone I knew who worked on this post, in a very short period grew a few grey hairs. With D&B comes things such a Stope Atlases and compiling a Stope Atlas with pin-point accuracy takes 1-2 months.

D&B is not just designing holes and blowing them up............it's an art that will make you a better and competent planner or scheduling engineer (mining).

Mining 2004
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options