Respond to this messageReturn to Board
Original Message
  • Graduates(unsupervised?) & Foremans doing D&B................are you sure?
    • Emulsion 704
      Posted Jan 6, 2009 10:21 PM

Anonymous,

I am really offended by your comments with respect to D&B. Believe me, what is planning and scheduling in relation to D&B? Experience in D&B ( an uttermost component to overall - actual production i.e ore being hauled to the ROM) is an ultimate prerequisite if you are EVER to be a planning/schedule engineer.

I'll give you an idea. If you ever applied for a planning/scheduling role and say, your CV had a blank spot in relation to your experiences in D&B ................... only a fool will consider your CV.

Send an email to some of your underground friends in Porgera and find out where the D&B position places itself. Everyone I knew who worked on this post, in a very short period grew a few grey hairs. With D&B comes things such a Stope Atlases and compiling a Stope Atlas with pin-point accuracy takes 1-2 months.

D&B is not just designing holes and blowing them up............it's an art that will make you a better and competent planner or scheduling engineer (mining).

Mining 2004
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Also send responses to my email address