Back to Board  

Japanese over French

November 20 2006 at 12:42 AM
No score for this post
ecrivain 

Response to Re: Ex- POMIS

I would choose Japanese over French too. I'm only more fluent in the latter because there were no Japanese classes offered in any of the school's in Port Moresby. I did study Japanese for a year though, so I'd still be classified as a beginner.

I don't know of any Japanese classes in Port Moresby though, mine were taken overseas.

The Grammer is definitely easier in Japanese and it's quick to pick up. From what I can remember, there are three main writing systems (Hyragana, Katakana, and Kanji), and reading them is the hardest part because of all the characters you have to store to memory.

It really does depend though, on what your vocation and location might be. Japanese is spoken in countries like Japan, Brazil, United States (esp. Hawaii), Palau, and Taiwan. Whereas French is spoken more widely around the world like in France, Switzerland,Canada,Belgium, Luxembourg, Monaco, Morocco, Algeria,Tunisia, Ivory Coast, Equatorial Guinea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Niger, Senegal, Haiti, Lebanon, Martinique, Vietnam, and other countries.

French is the more dominant, but is also harder.

^_^ Lataz!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses