Return to Index  

Get Together in Seattle? Idea......

August 4 2002 at 3:40 AM
MsJellicle  (Login MsJellicle)

I'm sure you all would want a get together when CATS returns to Seattle, and it may be a little soon, but I had an idea about the next get together, and wanted to roll it by you all first and see what you think. Mind you, it's 3:30am at the moment so I'm not quite thinking clearly.

Anyhow, my idea is to have a sorta sing-a-long among the fans of the show. What I have in mind is to assign parts to all those who are going to Seattle (and want them) to sing, and when we have our get together, we'll sing through the songs of CATS together where some people get solos's some get duets, etc.... It doesn't matter if you sing well, it only matters if you have fun with it.

Now, I was thinking, I know there may be many people who may want the same parts and none who want other parts. My thoughts about assigning the parts (I was thinking I would assign the parts since it was my idea, but I'm open to other options as well *grin*), is each person would send in the following information: The top three characters they would most want to be, the songs they would most want to sing in order, the songs they really would not want to sing, and their vocal range. Also, at the same time (maybe) send in who you think others in the group should play or songs they should sing. (Or another thought on that would be to maybe put up all the information sent in and have people vote who they think should get which part?) This would obviously have to include parts of the male gender since we seem to have a very limited supply of male fans. *looks at Nick* :) Also, people will most likely have to double up on characters...but not characters that would sing at the same time (i.e.~ No doubling of Bom and Dem.)

Then I would try to script out the songs and e-mail the scripts to everyone sometime before the meeting and we'll meet in one of the hotel rooms and have fun with the singing and maybe even dress up (Yes, I might even dress up if we don't go out in public. *grin* Maybe I can maybe convince Nick to get dressed up as well....maybe....doubtfuul, but maybe. :) ) Oh, we might get last minute notices of people joining us thus, we'd have to be open in possibly reassigning parts if they want to join in with the sing-a-long.

Anyhow, what do you all think of that idea?

~MsJ

(ps~if we can't work this out in Seattle, perhaps try to do something similar up here in Vancouver? Just a thought...)

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement